The Asia Center is supervised by its Council, formed by representatives of University faculties and invited members, such as the Enterprise Estonia Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and others. The Council provides full support to the Head and the Centre by approving its development strategy and action plan, electing the Head and directing the Centre activities, inviting new members to the board, etc.
Current Head of the Council is Urmas Varblane.
Members of the Council are:
From the Faculty of Arts and Humanities:
- Tiina Kattel, Vice Head of Department of Languages of the Asian Region
- prof. Art Leete, Professor of Ethnology. Head of Institute of Culture.
- Urmas Nõmmik, Head of Institute of Theology and Religious Studies. Associate Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Studies
- Märt Läänemets, Associate professor at the Centre for Oriental Studies, Institute of Cultural Research and Fine Arts
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Urmas Varblane, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Professor of International Business and Innovation, Vice Dean (research)
- Urmas Hõbepappel, Junior Researcher of Chinese Politics, Head of Programme Contemporary Asian and Middle Eastern Studies.
- Irene Kull, Professor of Reform of Contract Law
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Marco Kirm, Institute of Physics, Professor of Experimental physics
Faculty of Medicine
- Jarek Mäestu, Vice Dean
- Triin Jagomägi, Associate Professor of Orthodontistry
- Külli Kingo, Professor of Dermathology
External members of the Council
- Kai Kreos, Entreprise Estonia, Head of Asia Information Centre
- Monika Reinem, Ministry of the Foreign Affairs