The Asia Center is supervised by its Council, formed by representatives of University faculties and invited members, such as the Enterprise Estonia Foundation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and others. The Council provides full support to the Head and the Centre by approving its development strategy and action plan, electing the Head and directing the Centre activities, inviting new members to the board, etc.
Current Head of the Council is Urmas Varblane.
Members of the Council are:
From the Faculty of Arts and Humanities:
- Tiina Kattel, Vice Head of Department of Languages of the Asian Region
- Art Leete, Professor of Ethnology. Head of Institute of Culture.
- Urmas Nõmmik, Head of Institute of Theology and Religious Studies. Associate Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Studies
Faculty of Social Sciences:
- Urmas Varblane, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Professor of International Business and Innovation, Vice Dean (research)
- Raul Eamets, Dean of the Faculty of Social Sciences
- Irene Kull, Professor of Reform of Contract Law
Faculty of Science and Technology
- Marco Kirm, Institute of Physics, Professor of Experimental physics
Faculty of Medicine
- Jarek Mäestu, Vice Dean
- Triin Jagomägi, Associate Professor of Orthodontistry
- Külli Kingo, Professor of Dermathology
External members of the Council
- Monika Reinem, Ministry of the Foreign Affairs
- Liisa Ojaveer, Ministry of Education and Research
- Eva-Kristiina Ponomarjov, Estonian Business and Innovation Agency